By Kirk W Madison,Yiqiu Wang,Ana Maria Rey,Kai Bongs
The objective of this publication is to offer evaluation articles describing the newest theoretical and experimental advancements within the box of chilly atoms and molecules. Our desire is this sequence will advertise examine by way of either highlighting contemporary breakthroughs and by way of outlining the most promising study instructions within the field.
- Atoms and Molecules in Optical Lattices:
- Ultracold Ytterbium: new release, Many-Body Physics, and Molecules (S Sugawa, Y Takasu, okay Enomoto, and Y Takahashi)
- Rotational Excitations of Polar Molecules on an Optical Lattice: From Novel Exciton Physics to Quantum Simulation of recent Lattice types (Marina Litinskaya and Roman V Krems)
- Quantum section Transition of chilly Atoms in Optical Lattices (Yaohua Chen, Wei Wu, Guocai Liu and Wuming Liu)
- Physics with Bose–Einstein Condensates:
- Unlocking the Mysteries of third-dimensional Bose Gases close to Resonance (Mohammad S Mashayekhi, Jean-Sébastien Bernier and Fei Zhou)
- Light prompted Gauge Fields for Ultracold impartial Atoms (I B Spielman)
- Manipulation of a Bose–Einstein Condensate (Xiaoji Zhou, Xuzong Chen and Yiqiu Wang)
- Experimental equipment for producing Two-Dimensional Quantum Turbulence in Bose–Einstein Condensates (K E Wilson, E C Samson, Z L Newman, T W Neely and B P Anderson)
- Atom-Light Interactions:
- Nonlinear Optics utilizing chilly Rydberg Atoms (Jonathan D Pritchard, Kevin J Weatherill and Charles S Adams)
- Mirror-Mediated Cooling: A Paradigm for Particle Cooling through the Retarded Dipole strength (Tim Freegarde, James Bateman, André Xuereb and Peter Horak)
- Cavity Quantum Optics with Bose–Einstein Condensates (Lu Zhou, Keye Zhang, Guangjiong Dong and Weiping Zhang)
- Fundamental Physics:
- Cold Atoms and Maxwell's Demon (Daniel A Steck)
- Thermalization from the point of view of Eigenstate Thermalization speculation (V Dunjko and M Olshanii)
- Cold Atoms and Precision Measurements (Wencui Peng, Biao Tang, Wei Yang, Lin Zhou, Jin Wang and Mingsheng Zhan)
Readership: learn scientists together with graduate scholars and higher point undergraduate students.
Read Online or Download Annual Review of Cold Atoms and Molecules:Volume 1 PDF
Best molecular physics books
Discusses Hahn’s contributions to technological know-how and his reflections of medical and social accountability. the writer concludes that Hahn’s rules can nonetheless function a starting place for dependable and ethical activities through scientists.
This quantity stories chosen facets relating to floor magnetism. It emphasizes the correlation of structural, digital and magnetic houses in infrequent earth steel platforms and ferromagnetic transition metals.
This booklet presents a complete evaluate of the theoretical ideas and experimental purposes of planar waveguides and different limited geometries, similar to optical fibres. Covering a huge array of complicated issues, it starts off with a cosmopolitan dialogue of planar waveguide thought, and covers topics together with effective creation of planar waveguides, fabrics choice, nonlinear results, and purposes together with species analytics right down to single-molecule id, and thermo-optical switching utilizing planar waveguides.
The cells in bodies include molecules, made of a similar carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen atoms present in air and rocks. yet molecules, equivalent to water and sugar, aren't alive. So how do our cells—assemblies of differently “dead” molecules—come to lifestyles, and jointly represent a residing being? In Life’s Ratchet, physicist Peter M.
- Quantum Phase Transitions in Cold Atoms and Low Temperature Solids (Springer Theses)
- Coscienza molecolare: L’intima connessione e la reciproca trasformazione tra noi e l’universo (Italian Edition)
- The Magnetospheric Cusps: Structure and Dynamics
- Propagating Insight: A Tribute to the Works of Yngve Ohrn: 35 (Advances in Quantum Chemistry)
- Advances in Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics: Vol 52
- Progress in Optics: Volume 61
Additional resources for Annual Review of Cold Atoms and Molecules:Volume 1